Monday, July 27, 2009

Snow Princess


I know, I know. It has been quite a while since I posted anything on my blog. it is thanks to it and all my frens that job has been steadily flowing in. Anyway, now that I have a bit of time, I thought I'd share one of my recent works with you.


This shot was taken for a jewelry spread. I love the model, Bruna, a truly sexy Brazilian girl with full luscious lips and sultry eyes. Earnest, the fashion stylist, planned a stunning spread featuring a male and female model. And yes, girls, the male model is really hot with amazing abs. But when came to food, he only ate boiled or steam chicken with little or no rice. What a sacrifice for his profession. I'd rather have love handles than go without food.


Anyway, it was an incredible shoot. I thought I had carefully planned for the shoot. I had bought new bags and was excitedly packing my stuff the night before. But to my horror, when I was applying Bruna's makeup, I realised forgot to pack any lipsticks or lip pencils. Not wanting to panick anyone, I stoically continued with my makeup.


As it was going to be an indoor shoot (at the Gorgeous solarium on Duxton Road), I used liquid foundation. however, prior to laying the base, I applied a gold liquid illuminator for Bruna's tawny skin tone. After letting the liquid illuminator dry, I applied the liquid foundation with a damp sponge as I wanted that nice christmasy glow (oh yes, it was for the December issue of Solitaire, which unfortunately got canned).


Next, a sheer translucent powder was dusted all over the face. Although Bruna has excellent features, I still applied a bronzer to the hollow of her cheeks and temples for a nice healthy look. that was followed by L'Oreal's True Rose blusher. I really love this shade and Hint of Rose blusher, which was sadly discontinued. The latter can be dusted as an all over face powder to lend radiance to the countenance.


I know my makeup procedure is rather strange - I always do the cheeks before doing the eyes. I start with the brows using Maybelline's brow wax and powder. This is another fabulous product. The wax is stroked on to keep brows down and to help you to find your natural shape without making too many mistakes as the colour is really soft and subtle. Then a warm brown powder is brushed on for definition. This product comes in two shades - one lighter for fairer women with lighter coloured hair and a darker one for Asians and those with dark hair. However, I often use the lighter shade as it brightens up the face and makes it look younger. Dark brows are so 80s!


For the lids, I apply an all over eyeshadow base with some shimmer. Next, a iridescent white shimmer cream eye shadow from The Body Shop was dabbed on with my ring finger. Then with an angled eye liner brush, I lined Bruna's peepers with the cream silver eyeshadow also from The Body Shop. Lastly, a white glitter cream was dabbed onto the brow bone. to further enhanced the model's sexy eyes, I crimped the lashes and stroked on Cat's Eye mascara from Maybelline, a favoured brand when it comes to mascaras that even the models swear by.


Now I was becoming truly worried as I had forgotten to bring any lip colour. Thankfully, Earnest came over and said he loved the makeup and wanted no lip stick or colour for Bruna. Phew! but Earnest had brought this amazing lip gloss with soft shimmer to create that pouty look for Bruna.


After the makeup was done, hairstylist Ivan Kweh and his assistant, whose name escapes me, went to work on Bruna creating that big diva coif.

No comments: