Monday, July 27, 2009

Coif On The Go


On one of my shopping sprees I found this palm size flat iron. I had seen it before when I worked on a photoshoot with a Hong Kong hairstylist and was so fascinated with the gadget - so light and convenient for me. however, I was really disappointed when he said he bought it in Hong Kong and that he has not found anything similar in Singapore.


Finally, I found it in Suntec and City Hall basement. The first version I came across was the HerStyler mini flat iron ($120 - they are having a promotion and it is retailing for $90), however that plugs into the car's lighted slot, which is great for people who drive and want quick touch ups before that important date or meeting. As I don't drive, that version was not ideal, so I continued on my hunt.


Then I stopped by the Jose Eber cart in Suntec and saw the normal plug-in version (three-pin). Needless to say I was excited. The Jose Eber mini version ($40) comes in matte pink, matte black and glossy red leopard while the HerStyler comes in matte onyx.


You can use this straightener to create that bone straight style or make natural looking curls by simply wrapping the hair around the 2cm ceramic plates, which promises not to burn the hair. It is really incredible how this tiny wand heats up to 200 degrees Fahrenheit equivalent in temperature to that of the regular sized professional flat iron. This is definitely a worthwhile purchase. This is so light and comes with two voltage settings that you can take it wherever you go.
Jose Eber carts are found in Suntec (2 carts - first floor near Giordano and second floor near Guardian), Vivocity (near Zara). HerStyler cart is found in the basement of Cith Hall near Toast Box.

No comments: